The ideal candidate will be well organized and comfortable dealing with financial data. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the accounts payable and receivable, processing payroll, and conducting other tasks related to finance. They should be excellent at recording data and have the ability to produce clear financial reports.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Customer billing and collection calls
- Emailing customer invoices and statements
- Conducting bank reconciliations and credit card reconciliations as required
- Recording cash and cheque payments and making bank deposits
- Maintaining petty cash float
- Clerical duties such as maintaining filing and record systems
- Matching invoices with purchase orders
- Timely processing of payroll, ROE’s & T4’s
- Completing government remittances including HST, WSIB, EHT, Payroll Source.
- Ensuring the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners
- Keeping the Operations Manager informed of potential accounting and billing problems
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years experience in Bookkeeping required
- College or University degree/diploma in Accounting or a related field.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Strong relationship management skills are required.
- Advanced knowledge of Quickbooks is required.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work